The headband is the perfect accessory for a trendy hairdo. You can wear it with your hair up or down. The headband is the extra chic touch.
You can make it with the leftovers from your creation and therefore match with your outfit that you’ve made yourself. And it’s quick and easy to sew!
This accessory needs to be made of a stretch fabric like the Milano jersey, cotton jersey, any kind of knits…
In this tutorial we’ve used a Milano jersey.
What you need :
- Velvet Polka Dots Milano Jersey: 1 big piece of 7.00 x 20.50 inches (18 x 52 cm) and a small piece of 3.15 x 4.33 inches (8 x 11 cm)
This fabric is available in the February’s Craftine Box.
Step by step :
- Cut out the two pieces of fabric that you need.
- Take your big piece and fold it, right sides together, in the length. Pin it together.
- Sew it using a zigzag stitch (width 4 / length 1) along the longer edge at 0.20 in / 0,5 cm from the edge but keep it unsewn on 1.6 inches (4cm). Turn inside out.
- Take your small piece and fold it 2, right sides together, in the length. Pin it together and sew at 0.20 in / 0,5 cm from the edge with a zigzag stitch. Turn inside out. Insert the big piece into the loop that you’ve just made with the small piece.
- Turn the big tube back on itself on the wrong side and pin it right sides together all around. sew at 0.20 in / 0,5 cm from the edge with a zigzag stitch.
- Turn it back on the right side through the opening you’ve left on step 3 and sew it closed by hand with a stitch as discreet as possible.
- You only have to fold in the edges of the small tube to hide the seam and you’re done !