To fasten and to add a woman’s touch to a vest, a jacket, an oversize sweatshirt, the buckle belt will become your favorite accessory.
It will be perfect to increase the style of a pair of pants or jeans. It will add a touch of chic and refinement.
The buckle best is a must-have to underline the waist and is suitable to every morphology.
You can create it with a colored fabric to add a touch of fun or, if you prefer, with a more neutral fabric to fit your outfit perfectly.
The supplies you will need :
- fabric : an offcut of 3,93 x 26,77 in
- belt buckle of 1.57 in : 1
the step by step tutorial
- Cut the offcut you need (picture 1). Check the length of the belt on yourself and cut to the proper length if needed.
- Fold it in two, the right sides together and pin (picture 2).
- Stitch the three sides at 0.39 in from the edge, and let an opening of 1.97 in. Then, turn the belt on the right side (picture 3).
- Iron well and close the gap with a discreet stitch.
- Insert the belt in the buckle (picture 4).
- Refold the belt on the back side on 1,38 in (picture 5) and hold up with a pintuck stitch on all the width (picture 6).